FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our pricing tool will allow you to immediately obtain prices at retail pharmacies and our U.S.-based mail order directly from our website or call us at 877-403-8233. Our biggest retail savings is on generic medications. You will find that it pays to compare prices, even among retail pharmacies. Some of our best prices come from independent pharmacies, and grocery store pharmacies…NOT the big chains. If you search for price by zip code rather than your current pharmacy, you’ll be able to see how much you can save by transferring your prescription. Busy pharmacies may take several days to transfer your prescription.
Yes, prices at retail pharmacies will vary by location and by store. Some of our best pricing is in smaller chains and grocery store pharmacies, NOT the large pharmacy chains.
It always saves to shop. Here is our retail and mail order pricing tool.
Click here to have us price your medications for you.
We partner with several companies who offer the best savings in the following areas:
- Acute and chronic meds at retail pharmacies through our affiliation with UniversalRx
- Chronic meds through US-based mail order through our affiliation with UniversalRx/Elixir Pharmacy
- International Meds for high-cost items via mail order
- Prescription Assistance Programs for expensive brand name meds
We are always looking for ways to expand our tools to assist our Members.
Oftentimes, there are alternatives.
- The easiest is to see if your medication comes in a generic form and ask the pharmacist to fill it that way.
- Therapeutic equivalents are something your doctor would have to prescribe, but may help you save money.
- See if taking two separate medications instead of a “combination” medication helps reduce the cost.
- Conversely, sometimes asking for the “combination” medication instead of filling two separate prescriptions may help.
- Shopping international may help tremendously with the cost of brand name and some more expensive generics. They are legal, safe, and most medications currently sold in local retail pharmacies were manufactured abroad.
- See if you are eligible for low-cost medications through the Prescription Assistance Program. Your meds could cost as little as $39/mo.
All services at CHMRx.org are available for the entire household. In fact, we encourage you to share your card and the benefits of Christian Healthcare Ministries with other friends and families. Learn more about the “Bring-a-Friend” program here.
No, your card is already active and does not expire. If you have a digital card, your pharmacy will need an ID number following the 321 prefix. This can be your CHM member ID or your date of birth (in XX-XX-XX format).
If a pharmacy ever tells you the card doesn’t work or is expired, ask the pharmacy staff to call the Pharmacy Help Desk at 800-329-0988. This is NOT a number for Members to call.
There are three ways to get help:
1. If a customer service representative is available for chat, a window will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. You may call 877-403-8233.
3. You may click here to complete a ticket and we will assist you via email or call you back.
We have three different mail order programs to ensure you get the best possible price. Each has different delivery times.
Our contact page will give you more information.
Click here for an FAQ page devoted entirely to DirectLabs for CHMRx Members, or click here to go directly to the CHMRx -DirectLabs site to see tests available, instructions on how to use, pricing and to purchase your labs.